This easy homemade granola recipe makes the best breakfast or snack, and it’s simple to make! Kids and adults alike will love this homemade granola recipe. It’s full of sweet fruit, nuts, syrup, spices and vanilla! Yum!
Easy Homemade Granola REcipe
Granola is a staple in my house! Whether we eat it with yogurt, or in a smoothie bowl, it’s a quick and healthy way to start the day!
It’s so versatile and you can change it up a bit and add all of your favorite things. You can add things like flax seed, wheat germ, sesame seeds, brown sugar, coconut oil…make this healthy granola recipe your own.
Use your favorite nuts, add some dark chocolate chips, make your own homemade granola unique using basic ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make This Homemade Granola Recipe:
I’d probably avoid oils like vegetable oil, canola oil, or olive oil. Coconut oil and butter actually work best.
How To Make This Delicious Homemade Granola Recipe
Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine oats, and nuts. All the dry ingredients go into one bowl.
In a measuring cup, combine syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
Pour about 1/2 of the syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir to coat, add remaining syrup mixture and stir to coat.
Spread into an even layer onto cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add back to a large bowl, stir in dried fruit.
Spread evenly onto foil, paper or a towel to cool.
The best part of this recipe is that you can use it to make homemade granola bars, after!
How To Store This Delicious Homemade Granola
After you’ve made your own granola, store in airtight container. It is also best stored at room temperature and in a dry area.
Make sure you allow your granola cool off before you store it to avoid moisture and bacteria.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried apricots or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine oats, and nuts.
- In a measuring cup, combine syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Next, pour about 1/2 of the syrup mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat. Add the remaining syrup mixture, and stir to coat.
- Spread evenly onto a cookie sheet, and then bake at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add back to a large bowl. Stir in dried fruit.
- Spread evenly onto foil, paper, or a towel to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Healthy Granola Recipes Your Family Will Love From Kids Activities Blog
Here are some more yummy ways to use all of the delicious granola you just made:
What is your favorite way to eat granola? Comment below!