A little over 2 years ago, we found out we were pregnant with a little boy! My daughter was ecstatic to hear she’d be getting a little built-in best friend. However, living in a small apartment, I wasn’t quite sure how I’d be fitting a second crib into our home. I debated my options and researched for hours, but still remained unsure as to what my children’s sleeping arrangements were going to be. Then one of my friends suggested using a playard, which is what her daughter had slept in for the first few years of her life while sharing a small room with two rowdy big brothers. At the time, a playard wasn’t even an option for me. In my experience, playards were big, they were bulky, and they were ugly. Plus, how could a baby truly be comfortable sleeping in a playard long term? Looking back, I wish I had realized just how many incredible playards there are on the market from brands like UPPAbaby, 4moms, and of course, NUNA!
I’m a big fan of Nuna as a brand. Their products are built to last while still bringing the aesthetic you don’t always get from baby gear. And when it comes to their playards in particular, Nuna offers TWO models from which you can pick, ensuring you find a product that will truly fit your lifestyle. From the full-sized Nuna SENA Aire to the COVE Aire Go for those ultra-slim spaces, Nuna provides ultimate comfort and safety for a good night’s sleep for your little one (and of course, you too!)
Although similar in style, design and function, there are still a few key differences between the COVE Aire Go and the SENA Aire. Let’s break these playards down to the nitty gritty so you can find which one is the perfect fit for you! Plus, we’ll take a look at some of the brand new features and colorways that will be releasing soon here at The Baby Cubby!
Similarities Between the Nuna SENA Aire & the COVE Aire Go:
- Both the SENA Aire and the COVE Aire Go feature a zig-zag aluminum frame that adds structural integrity while also offering a unique and stylish look!
- Both have a bassinet attachment for those newborn days, allowing you to keep your baby close by at all times!
- Both playards have the same weight capacity of 30 pounds or 35 inches (whichever comes first) and 15 pounds for the bassinet (or whenever your baby starts rolling over/sitting up).
- Similar folded dimensions make it easy to store or travel with!
Comfort and Safety for Baby
- Both are Greenguard-certified, which ensures your baby won’t be breathing in any harmful chemicals.
- Advanced Air Design™ provides ultimate airflow from all angles and directions (mesh sides, mattress and floor). The 3-layer mesh mattress is designed to keep your baby the perfect temperature by pulling heat away from their body. This is especially good for those living in hot or humid climates, as the mesh helps keep your baby from overheating and leaves your baby feeling cool and comfortable at all times. This also makes the whole playard ultra-breathable.
- Padding extends around the whole top edge of the frame, keeping little fingers from getting pinched when playing!
- Mesh mattress and cover zip right off and can be thrown in the washer for easy cleaning.
- The easy, one-handed fold makes it a breeze to take down and store. Plus, the playard can be folded with the bassinet still attached! Don’t need the bassinet? Easily remove it to transform it into playard mode.
- Skid-proof feet allow the playard to stay standing while you are folding it up.
- BOTH playards come with a GOTS™-certified organic sheet and a travel bag, making this the perfect playard for travel or home.
Differences Between the SENA Aire and the COVE Aire Go:
Nuna SENA Aire Features:
- Dimensions: The SENA Aire is wider than the COVE Aire Go. This may be an advantage to some or a disadvantage to others. If you want a full-sized playard to give your baby more space to sleep or play, the SENA Aire may be the best choice for you.
- Unfolded dimensions: 29″H x 41.3″L x 30″W
- Folded dimensions: 31.5″H x 13″W x 11″L
- Product weight: 22 pounds (not including bassinet)
- Accessories: With a wider design, the SENA Aire offers more variety for accessories such as the SENA Aire Changer! The SENA Aire Changer locks onto the top edge of the playard to make changing your baby a breeze, no matter what room you’re in. The SENA Aire Changer is designed to rotate out of the way when not in use, so you don’t have to completely detach it when you want to use the bassinet/playard. Plus, it’s super simple to clean with its smooth wipeable surface-a must from any changing station!
- Colors & New Design:
Nuna COVE Aire Go & New Features:
- Dimensions: Similar in function and design to the SENA Aire, the COVE Aire Go has a slimmer design, making it ideal for travel and as a bedside crib in those first few months. Zip on the full-size bassinet for a night of deep sleep and sweet dreams, and remove it during the day to provide a safe play space while you’re cooking up dinner.
- Unfolded dimensions: 30″H x 40″L x 24.5″W
- Folded dimensions: 34.5″H x 14.5″L x 10″W
- Product Weight: 22 pounds (the same as the SENA Aire)
- Zipper Bassinet: The COVE Aire Go already has a zip-off bassinet (see photo below), while the standard SENA Aire bassinet has a bassinet that clips into place. The new SENA Aire has an upgraded zipper bassinet at a slightly higher price point.
- Colors & New Design: The COVE Aire Go can now be purchased in 3 colors at The Baby Cubby: Frost, Caviar, and a brand NEW shade, Camel!
- Price: The COVE Aire Go retails for $349.95! (We offer price matching and rewards points on every purchase!)
Overall, you can’t go wrong with either of Nuna’s amazing playards. It really comes down to your price point, the size you want, and if you want extra features and accessories (such as the changing table that only the SENA Aire is compatible with.) If you’re still not sure which playard is right for you, reach out to us at babycubby.com, or come chat with one of our Cubby moms in store in American Fork, Utah! We hope to see you soon!
For more product comparisons, brand reviews, and more, be sure to follow along on our blog each week at babycubby.com!
Leave a Reply