This super cute preschool apple tree craft is easy to manage at home with one kid (or a few kids) or in school with a classroom of kids. This paper plate apple tree craft uses just a few common craft supplies and the finished pom pom apple tree is a great decoration. While we are doing it today as a preschool craft, kids of all ages could participate and make this apple tree craft their own.
Apple Tree Craft for Kids
This simple paper plate and pom pom apple tree craft is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners learning to count.
Related: More apple crafts
Grab some common household items that you likely already have and let’s make a cute apple tree! Don’t be afraid to substitute what craft supplies you already have on hand. Who needs the hassle of running to the craft store?
This article contains affiliate links.
Make a Paper Plate Apple Tree with Pom Poms
Supplies Needed for Apple Tree Craft
Directions To Make Apple Tree From Paper Plates
After gathering supplies, paint the white paper plate, green.
Preschool Craft Tip: Use green paper plates to skip the painting step!
When the paint is dry, invite children to glue the colorful pom poms onto the plate.
Show children how to draw the shape of a tree trunk onto the brown paper. Glue the tree trunk to the back of the paper plate.
Next, cut a black oval from paper then glue it to the tree trunk as a knot in the tree.
Finished Apple Tree Craft
Make more than one tree. Easy and fun, kids of all ages will love creating an orchard of beautiful apple trees!
Apple Tree Craft for Kindergarten Variations
Add an academic twist to this cute craft by writing a number on the black oval on the trunk of the tree. Invite children to add the same number of apples to the green leaves.
Take it further by practicing addition! Little hands will have fun adding red apples and green apples together.
- Green paint
- White paper plate
- Brown and black construction paper
- Red and green pom poms
- Paint one paper plate green and let dry.
- Glue pom poms onto the plate as red and green apples.
- Cut a trunk shape out of brown paper.
- Glue the trunk to the paper plate tree top.
- Add a oval black paper circle to the trunk.
Apple Tree Facts for Preschoolers & More
When I was researching some fun apple facts, it was funny how much I learned. Here are some of the interesting things you might not know about apple trees:
- 2500 types of apples are grown in the United States
- The only apple that is native to the United States is the crabapple!
- The study of apple growing is pomology which I find awesome since this apple craft is full of pom poms.
- The average American consumes over 45 pounds of apples and apple products each year! That is more than a bushel.
- Check out our printable Johnny Appleseed facts & coloring pages.
Did your family enjoy making this craft? Let us know in the comments!
More Paper Plate Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
How did your paper plate and pom pom apple tree turn out?
Leave a Reply