Choosing the right travel pram or stroller for your little one is a big decision! Every family’s needs are different, so you need to consider several factors when looking for the perfect travel pram or stroller, including the size, weight, cost, comfort, brand, functionality and style to suit your travel needs.
We’ve taken the legwork out of the research for you, so you can make an informed decision. We understand that just booking the travel is hard enough with a baby, so choose the stroller that is going to suit your travel needs wisely -you don’t want to get on that long deserved break, only to find out it doesn’t fit in the overhead cabin!
1. Bugaboo Butterfly
Behold the ultra-compact Bugaboo Butterfly, the one-second fold pram for city and travel life. Fold and unfold the Butterfly at lightning speed and enjoy total freedom on your daily commute or weekend getaway. It’s lightweight, easy to manoeuvre, yet super sturdy for wherever adventure takes you and your growing baby.
- Easily fold & unfold in a second without adjusting anything
- Small and lightweight (7.3 kg), including leg rest, carry strap & seat inlay
- Spacious and accessible underseat basket to carry all you need (up to 8 kg)
- Large and adjustable seat provides first-class comfort for your growing baby
- Ultra-compact fold (IATA compatible) to store in overhead compartments, car trunks or small corridors
2. BabyZen Yoyo2
The YOYO² stroller folds and unfolds in a moment, can be worn over the shoulder and tucks in anywhere. Catch the train, get on a bus, jump in a Uber or fly to the other side of the world! This versatile stroller is ultra compact and super sturdy, YOYO² provides optimal daily comfort to your child.
- YOYO² protects your child up to a weight of 22 kg*
- Lightweight: 6.2 kg in the 6+ version, 6.6 kg with the newborn pack, or 8.1 kg with the bassinet.
- Carry on the shoulder with its padded shoulder strap.
- Hytrel® elastomer suspension, unique technology.
- Handlebar in soft faux leather and tether strap.
- Supplied with a carrying bag.
- Basket supports up to 5 kg.
3. Silver Cross Jet 3 Eclipse
The ultra-compact, cabin approved pushchair just got an upgrade! Designed with parents in mind, Jet 3 now includes the innovative new Genius buckle. Easy-to-use magnetic fastenings fit together with three simple clicks, taking the pain and frustration out of fastening little ones into their stroller.
- Genius buckle
- Unique, one-motion fold
- Super lightweight
- Perfect for travelling
- Suitable from birth
- UPF50+ sun protection hood
4. Uppababy Minu
Designed for your daily adventure, exciting excursions and travels, the MINU offers modern convenience in a portable, lightweight stroller. At just under 6.8 kgs, it offers compact and lightweight maneuverability.
- Roomy and comfortable seat that holds up to 23kg
- One-handed, one-step fold, stands when folded
- Large, easy-access basket that can hold 9kg
- Extendable, pop out SPF 50+ Sunshade
- All wheel-suspension
- Lightweight, portable design with carry handle and shoulder strap
- Built-in carry handle and shoulder strap
- Includes a storage bag
5. Little Lou ITTI
Ultra Lightweight, Compact, Travel Pram & Stroller. Not to mention, a really great price for the budget-conscious.
- Lightweight, Sturdy Frame, just 7.3 kg
- Convenient One-hand fold system
- Travel handle allows to pull behind like luggage
- Newborn to 22kgs
- 5-point adjustable safety harness
- Extra-large hood with zipper airflow mesh section
- Peek-a-boo flap
6. Edwards & Co. Otto
Otto is the ultimate all-rounder! Otto comes with a complimentary travel bag with a handy strap to either use over your shoulder or pull along beside you!
- From newborn, right up to 20kg.
- Only 7kgs – fold with one hand.
- The perfect travel companion.
- Fits in the overhead locker.
- PU rubber wheels.
7. Babyhood Air Compact
For all your fun filled family adventures (and sometimes the mundane grocery shopping), this one has everything you need in a compact, super light stroller with a new assisted auto fold mechanism which makes light work of busy days out and about.
- The unique super lightweight design delivers a complete all-round solution for parents, on the go with a feather lightweight.
- It is newborn ready with a reclinable seat or you can use it with your infant capsule – as it is travel system compatible.
- The seat includes luxury features for your baby including a larger seat for growing toddlers, beautiful luxury washable textiles, leatherette bumper bar and handlebar, generous storage basket for your shopping needs and a carry bag for travelling.
- The powder coated aluminium frame is strong and stable and it is weight tested to 18kgs – which is a mighty heavy toddler.
- It has a smooth glide wheel system with high density EVA wheels which provide you with easy control and steering to navigate all sorts of terrain with ease, even the bumpy ones.
8. Mountain Buggy Nano V3
The Mountain Buggy Nano is the ultimate travel stroller – simple to use, light, compact and designed to fit in many carry-on luggage units. Now featuring a full recline fabric sling seat, providing a lie flat solution for newborns.
- Full recline fabric sling seat providing a lie flat mode that is perfect for newborns
- Ultra lightweight at less than 6kgs with a carry handle and shoulder strap – ideal for travel or the perfect secondary buggy
- Easy two-step compact fold designed to fit in many carry-on luggage units or to leave in the car for quick trips
- Travel system ready with universal car seat adaptors included to easily attach an infant car seat
- Additional newborn comfort when paired with our additional cocoon essential
- Travel satchel included to protect your nano whilst travelling
9. Phil & Ted’s Go Buggy
On the go, and a regular umbrella stroller just doesn’t cut it for you? Then glide on by with go™, an effortless & fuss-free, petite lil buggy that delivers exceptional functionality in a teeny tiny package! PLUS, it’s the first umbrella buggy in the world to future proof your wallet by being a brilliant single buggy right from day dot; that can later adapt to take 2 once your family grows – all done within the compact width of a single!
- Single to double to separate modes of travel!
- Ridiculously light at 5.5kg as singles!
- Lie flat fabric sling seat for a tiny newborn to upright for a tall toddler!
- Easy tiny fold to pack away
- Patented tidy 5-point harness system
10. Redsbaby Skip2
Enjoy more family adventures with the ultra-compact, nimble and featherweight Redsbaby SKIP². Weighing in at only 6.5kg, the Redsbaby SKIP² features a large extension canopy, flat recline and easy access 5kg basket, making it the ideal second stroller to take on family holidays, city commutes and quick trips to the park, shops or café.
- Travel friendly stroller, and perfect as a second stroller
- Lightweight and ultra-compact fold
- Extra large UPF+ extension canopy
- New refined aesthetics and functionality