Sunday January 22 marked the beginning of Lunar New Year in 2023. It’s an important holiday celebrated in many East Asian countries, but the festivities are also celebrated far and wide across Australia.
It marks the start of a new year according to the traditional Chinese lunisolar calendar. The holiday is celebrated with family gatherings, special meals, and traditional customs such as exchanging red envelopes containing money. It is also a time for honouring ancestors and deities.
There are 12 zodiac signs, with each represented by a different animal that has its own characteristics. According to superstition, a person born in a particular year takes on the traits of that year’s animal. 2023 marks the new lunar year of the rabbit.
Here is what it means for your Rabbit child according to the Chinese lunar calendar. In Chinese culture, the Rabbit is known to be the luckiest of all the twelve animals in the zodiac. Your child will be a joy to be around! Just look at the traits they possess:
Sweet and compassionate
- They are understanding, forgiving, and patient and always try their best to help those in need.
- They treat others kindly and are generous with their time, attention, and love.
- They show empathy and take care to listen to the feelings and opinions of those around them.
Optimistic with a healthy level of caution
- They are able to take risks and explore their environment, but also know their limits and can recognise when something is too dangerous or not worth the risk.
- They are aware of their own safety and the safety of others and are able to make good decisions that balance the need to explore and have fun with the need to stay safe.
- They may take chances, but they don’t take foolish risks. They are brave, but not reckless.
Bursting with charm and wit
- They are full of joy and humour. They can make people smile with their clever observations and can draw people in with their charm.
- They are also quite creative and can come up with unique solutions to problems or come up with creative ideas.
- They are also quite friendly and can make friends easily, always bringing joy and laughter to any situation.
Will prove to be masterful debaters and negotiators
- They are very persuasive and articulate. They have an impressive command of language and are able to make their points with clarity and confidence.
- They can bring facts and logic to the table while still being respectful to their opponents.
- They are able to identify areas of agreement and disagreement, and can remain focused on the issue at hand. They are able to work through conflicts and arrive at solutions that are beneficial to all parties involved.
Can be timid but good-mannered and respectful
- Your child will think carefully before speaking and often chooses their words carefully so as not to offend.
- They may not be the most outgoing of children, but they will be courteous and considerate.
- They may often try to find a way to avoid conflict or find a compromise in difficult situations.
The post 2023 Year of the Rabbit Baby: A Bright and Cheerful Future Ahead! appeared first on Newborn Baby.